How to add /home/RPM/ to the rpm database?
M9.
2007-12-09 13:59:30 UTC
Hi,

Is there a reason that a /home/dir can not be added to the install sources?
Than there should be a workaround, which is:?

- --

Have a nice day,

M9. Now, is the only time that exists.

OS: Linux 2.6.24-rc3-git1-3-default x86_64
Huidige gebruiker: ***@tribal-sfn2
Systeem: openSUSE 11.0 (x86_64) Alpha0
KDE: 3.5.8 "release 21"
CyberOrg
2007-12-09 15:32:03 UTC
Hi,
Is there a reason that a /home/dir can not be added to the install sources?
Than there should be a workaround, which is:?
cd /home/dir
createrepo .

Use the resulting repo as yum installation source.
Jan Engelhardt
2007-12-09 15:35:39 UTC
Post by CyberOrg
Hi,
Is there a reason that a /home/dir can not be added to the install sources?
Than there should be a workaround, which is:?
cd /home/dir
createrepo .
Smart/zypper should be so smart so as to directly use the directory, I think.
lbuild certainly does.
d_garbage
2007-12-09 16:11:01 UTC
On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 15:35:39 -0000, Jan Engelhardt
Post by Jan Engelhardt
Smart/zypper should be so smart so as to directly use the directory, I think.
lbuild certainly does.
What about Yast>Software>Software Repositories then "add" and select local
directory
And for smart Edit>Channels>new>Provide channel info>RPM Directory

Probably not the same as what you want though, as it's a bit obvious.
Cheers,
David
M9.
2007-12-09 17:04:00 UTC
Post by Jan Engelhardt
Smart/zypper should be so smart so as to directly use the directory, I think.
lbuild certainly does.
What about Yast>Software>Software Repositories then "add" and select
local directory
And for smart Edit>Channels>new>Provide channel info>RPM Directory
Probably not the same as what you want though, as it's a bit obvious.
Cheers,
David
Indeed, that does not work...for Yast, after zypper failed i did not try
smart.. ;-)

- --

KDE: 3.5.8 "release 21"
Bjørn Lie
2007-12-09 16:13:52 UTC
søn, 09.12.2007 kl. 16.35 +0100, skrev Jan Engelhardt:

snip
Post by Jan Engelhardt
Smart/zypper should be so smart so as to directly use the directory, I think.
lbuild certainly does.
Seems smart *can* do so

smart channel --help-type rpm-dir
Type: rpm-dir - RPM Directory

Local directory with RPM packages.

Fields:
alias (*) - Unique identification for the channel.
type (*) - Channel type
name - Channel name
manual - If set to a true value, the given channel will only be
updated when manually selected.
disabled - If set to a true value, the given channel won't be used.
removable - If set to a true value, the given channel will be
considered as being available in a removable media
(cdrom, etc).
priority - Default priority assigned to all packages available in
this channel (0 if not set). If the exact same package
is available in more than one channel, the highest
priority is used.
path (*) - Path of directory containing RPM packages.
recursive - Search for files recursively.

(*) These fields are necessary for this type.

Bjørn
M9.
2007-12-09 17:02:51 UTC
Post by Jan Engelhardt
Post by CyberOrg
Hi,
Is there a reason that a /home/dir can not be added to the install sources?
Than there should be a workaround, which is:?
cd /home/dir
createrepo .
Smart/zypper should be so smart so as to directly use the directory, I think.
lbuild certainly does.
Has something to do with some kind of policy i think, if i want to
install an rpm, any rpm, from my homedir, it can not be found!
Most irritating if you ask me.. ;-)

- --

KDE: 3.5.8 "release 21"
M9.

KDE: 3.5.8 "release 21"
M9.
2007-12-09 18:51:03 UTC
Post by CyberOrg
Hi,
Is there a reason that a /home/dir can not be added to the install sources?
Than there should be a workaround, which is:?
cd /home/dir
createrepo .
Use the resulting repo as yum installation source.
Only thing that happens is :

***@tribal-sfn2:~/RPM> createrepo
bash: createrepo: command not found
***@tribal-sfn2:~/RPM> sudo createrepo
Wachtwoord:
sudo: createrepo: command not found

- --

KDE: 3.5.8 "release 21"
Vahis
2007-12-09 18:56:13 UTC
Post by M9.
bash: createrepo: command not found
sudo: createrepo: command not found
Do this first:

#zypper in createrepo
--
Vahis
M9.

KDE: 3.5.8 "release 21"
Rajko M.
2007-12-09 19:06:06 UTC
Post by M9.
Hi,
Is there a reason that a /home/dir can not be added to the install sources?
Than there should be a workaround, which is:?
I'm a bit late with answer. It was written an hour ago, before lunch, but it
adds more info, so here it is:

/home/RPM/
can be added, but it has to contain metadata about packages.
The way I use is to run program 'createrepo' in that directory which will
create subdirectory 'repodata' and than add /home/RPM/ to package sources.

With this procedure YaST etc, will complain that packages are not signed, but
you can tell to use them anyway.

Second deficiency of this method is that you have to run 'createrepo' on every
change otherwise YaST or 'zypper refresh' will not find any changes you made,
ie. will not find new packages or complain about missing packages.
--
Regards,
Rajko
M9.
2007-12-09 19:33:37 UTC
Post by Rajko M.
Post by M9.
Hi,
Is there a reason that a /home/dir can not be added to the install sources?
Than there should be a workaround, which is:?
I'm a bit late with answer. It was written an hour ago, before lunch, but it
/home/RPM/
can be added, but it has to contain metadata about packages.
The way I use is to run program 'createrepo' in that directory which will
create subdirectory 'repodata' and than add /home/RPM/ to package sources.
With this procedure YaST etc, will complain that packages are not signed, but
you can tell to use them anyway.
Second deficiency of this method is that you have to run 'createrepo' on every
change otherwise YaST or 'zypper refresh' will not find any changes you made,
ie. will not find new packages or complain about missing packages.
Aha.
I presume the 2th defciency will be corrected?
Not that it matters to me to do things more than nessesary, but just to
know that progression will happen. ;-)

We all know that it is very inconvenient not being able to test pkgs,
other than those in the original repos.
I thank you for this info!

- --

KDE: 3.5.8 "release 21"
Rajko M.
2007-12-09 19:51:42 UTC
I presume the 2th defciency will be  corrected?
Not that it matters to me to do things more than nessesary, but just to
know that progression will happen.
https://bugzilla.novell.com/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&long_desc_type=fulltext&long_desc=&classification=openSUSE&product=openSUSE+10.3&component=YaST2&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&keywords_type=anywords&keywords=&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&bug_severity=Enhancement&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailqa_contact2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=

There is the list of all Enhancement requests ever made for YaST2.
I remember that adding local repos without hassle to use createrepo manually
was one discussed quite some time ago, but it seems to be forgotten. The bad
is that it was an option before, and it worked with no problems.
--
Regards,
Rajko
M9.
2007-12-09 20:05:29 UTC
Post by Rajko M.
There is the list of all Enhancement requests ever made for YaST2.
I remember that adding local repos without hassle to use createrepo manually
was one discussed quite some time ago, but it seems to be forgotten. The bad
is that it was an option before, and it worked with no problems.
Hmm, i see your point.
quite a list, if i may say.. :-)

- --

KDE: 3.5.8 "release 21"
M9.
2007-12-09 19:56:01 UTC
Post by M9.
Post by Rajko M.
Hi,
Second deficiency of this method is that you have to run 'createrepo' on every
change otherwise YaST or 'zypper refresh' will not find any changes you made,
ie. will not find new packages or complain about missing packages.
Aha.
I presume the 2th defciency will be corrected?
Not that it matters to me to do things more than nessesary, but just to
know that progression will happen. ;-)
We all know that it is very inconvenient not being able to test pkgs,
other than those in the original repos.
I thank you for this info!
It is not as simple as you and Vahis suggest:

* Installeert createrepo-0.4.10-32 [100%]
***@tribal-sfn2:~> cd /home/monkey9/RPM/
***@tribal-sfn2:~/RPM> createrepo
Error: Must specify a directory to index.

createrepo [options] directory-of-packages

-u, --baseurl <url> = optional base url location for all files
-o, --outputdir <dir> = optional directory to output to
-x, --exclude = files globs to exclude, can be specified multiple times
-q, --quiet = run quietly
-n, --noepoch = don't add zero epochs for non-existent epochs
(incompatible with yum and smart but required for
systems with rpm < 4.2.1)
-g, --groupfile <filename> to point to for group information
(precreated)
(<filename> relative to directory-of-packages)
-v, --verbose = run verbosely
-c, --cachedir <dir> = specify which dir to use for the checksum cache
-C, --checkts = don't generate repo metadata, if their ctimes are newer
than the rpm ctimes.
-h, --help = show this help
-V, --version = output version
-p, --pretty = output xml files in pretty format.
--update = update existing metadata (if present)
-d, --database = generate the sqlite databases.

***@tribal-sfn2:~/RPM> createrepo -u
Options Error: option -u requires argument.

***@tribal-sfn2:~/RPM> createrepo -u /home/monkey9/RPM/
Error: Must specify a directory to index.

***@tribal-sfn2:~/RPM> createrepo -u /home/monkey9/RPM
Error: Must specify a directory to index.

How to specify such a directory than?
I do not mind to move the rpm's to another directory, or change the
name... but this is not very obvious, if you ask me?

- --

KDE: 3.5.8 "release 21"
d_garbage
2007-12-09 20:16:50 UTC
Post by M9.
* Installeert createrepo-0.4.10-32 [100%]
Error: Must specify a directory to index.
How to specify such a directory than?
I do not mind to move the rpm's to another directory, or change the
name... but this is not very obvious, if you ask me?
You missed the "." (ie. current directory) in the original suggestion?
Post by M9.
cd /home/dir
createrepo .
But I STILL dont understand why you can't add folder with some RPM's in as
a 'plain' RPM directory (rather than RPM meta-data one)? I do it that way
in both yast software and smart on 10.3. Though I'm not sure if yast
handles sub-directories whereas I believe smart does.
Cheers,
David
M9.
2007-12-10 09:16:10 UTC
Post by d_garbage
Post by M9.
* Installeert createrepo-0.4.10-32 [100%]
Error: Must specify a directory to index.
How to specify such a directory than?
I do not mind to move the rpm's to another directory, or change the
name... but this is not very obvious, if you ask me?
You missed the "." (ie. current directory) in the original suggestion?
Post by M9.
cd /home/dir
createrepo .
that is what i thought at first..(did not try ./ as a regular install
though..)
Post by d_garbage
But I STILL dont understand why you can't add folder with some RPM's in
as a 'plain' RPM directory (rather than RPM meta-data one)? I do it that
way in both yast software and smart on 10.3. Though I'm not sure if yast
handles sub-directories whereas I believe smart does.
Cheers,
David
What i realy want is just install an rpm from the right-mouse menu in
konqueror.
It offers that option, but after given the root password, it *allways*
ends with the frase: can not find:
/home/monkey9/RPM/huppeldepup-5.3.1-6.noarch.rpm (whatever)

I want to use a dir, where i store all my rpm's, because it is easier to
find what i want there...

If creating a repo is the only option left, i'll have to use that, but
if not, i would rather just use an installer, and install an rpm, if
needed, yes.

You think it is a question about a subdir?
(i thought it was a question of policy)

I will imediately check this..

(about smart: used smart a long time, but in SuSE, zypper needs the
attention now. If there is no other way than to use smart, or it takes
too much time to do it another way, i will be forced to use it, yes.)

- --

KDE: 3.5.8 "release 21"
d_garbage
2007-12-10 20:42:01 UTC
Post by M9.
What i realy want is just install an rpm from the right-mouse menu in
konqueror.
It offers that option, but after given the root password, it *allways*
/home/monkey9/RPM/huppeldepup-5.3.1-6.noarch.rpm (whatever)
Sorry to hear you are having such troubles with this! Maybe the factory
software management is quite different now to 10.3?
Anyway, for me too "Install Software" right-click option fails. It asks
for password, reads the RPM database then just craps out and disappears.

However, I _can_ successfully install by going via "Preview in KRPMView"
right-click option, and then choosing "Install Package with YaST". This
works perfectly.

Also came across this wiki about creating a repos:
http://en.opensuse.org/Creating_YaST_Installation_Sources

Best of luck! I have seen you many times testing and commenting on stuff
like KDE4 and so on. It's activity like that which helps make opensuse
even better :)
Cheers,
David
M9.
2007-12-11 12:39:51 UTC
Post by d_garbage
Post by M9.
What i realy want is just install an rpm from the right-mouse menu in
konqueror.
It offers that option, but after given the root password, it *allways*
/home/monkey9/RPM/huppeldepup-5.3.1-6.noarch.rpm (whatever)
Sorry to hear you are having such troubles with this! Maybe the factory
software management is quite different now to 10.3?
No, for me this does not work for a few versions allready...
Post by d_garbage
Anyway, for me too "Install Software" right-click option fails. It asks
for password, reads the RPM database then just craps out and disappears.
However, I _can_ successfully install by going via "Preview in KRPMView"
right-click option, and then choosing "Install Package with YaST". This
works perfectly.
Sometimes it does, and sometimes it does not.
Post by d_garbage
http://en.opensuse.org/Creating_YaST_Installation_Sources
Thnx..
Post by d_garbage
Best of luck! I have seen you many times testing and commenting on stuff
like KDE4 and so on. It's activity like that which helps make opensuse
even better :)
Cheers,
David
Let us hope so.. ;-)

- --

Have a nice day,

M9. Now, is the only time that exists.

OS: Linux 2.6.24-rc4-git1-2-default x86_64
KDE: 3.5.8 "release 22"
Rajko M.
2007-12-09 20:21:38 UTC
Post by M9.
How to specify such a directory than?
I do not mind to move the rpm's to another directory, or change the
name... but this is not very obvious, if you ask me?
From man:
SYNOPSIS
createrepo [options] <directory>

When you are in /home/monkey9/RPM:
createrepo ./
will create directory
/home/monkey9/RPM/repodata/
and files
filelists.xml.gz
other.xml.gz
primary.xml.gz
repomd.xml
--
Regards,
Rajko
M9.
2007-12-10 09:18:05 UTC
Post by Rajko M.
Post by M9.
How to specify such a directory than?
I do not mind to move the rpm's to another directory, or change the
name... but this is not very obvious, if you ask me?
SYNOPSIS
createrepo [options] <directory>
createrepo ./
will create directory
/home/monkey9/RPM/repodata/
and files
filelists.xml.gz
other.xml.gz
primary.xml.gz
repomd.xml
Ah, thnx, indeed as a regular install "./"

- --

KDE: 3.5.8 "release 21"
Stanislav Visnovsky
2007-12-10 10:03:50 UTC
Post by M9.
Hi,
Is there a reason that a /home/dir can not be added to the install sources?
Than there should be a workaround, which is:?
zypper addrepo -t plaindir <dir> <alias>

See 'man zypper'

Stano
M9.
2007-12-10 10:07:28 UTC
Post by Stanislav Visnovsky
Post by M9.
Hi,
Is there a reason that a /home/dir can not be added to the install sources?
Than there should be a workaround, which is:?
zypper addrepo -t plaindir <dir> <alias>
See 'man zypper'
Stano
OK, that sounds more like it! thnxalot.. (from testalot..;-)

- --

KDE: 3.5.8 "release 21"
M9.
2007-12-10 11:14:57 UTC
Post by M9.
Hi,
Is there a reason that a /home/dir can not be added to the install sources?
Than there should be a workaround, which is:?
zypper addrepo -t plaindir <dir> <alias>
See 'man zypper'
Stano
OK, that sounds more like it! thnxalot.. (from testalot..;-)
After i had created the repo, adding it with the command you supplied,
did not work.

I had to add it with Yast2, plain rpm dir must *not* be selected..
After that, sudo zypper lu -r RPM did work,
When: zypper in audiokonverter (you need rootprivileges to install pkgs)
sudo etc, zypper took the newest package from six or eight
audiokonverter-pkgs that were there..so..

- --

KDE: 3.5.8 "release 21"
Stanislav Visnovsky
2007-12-10 11:46:04 UTC
Post by M9.
Hi,
Is there a reason that a /home/dir can not be added to the install
sources? Than there should be a workaround, which is:?
zypper addrepo -t plaindir <dir> <alias>
See 'man zypper'
Stano
OK, that sounds more like it! thnxalot.. (from testalot..;-)
After i had created the repo, adding it with the command you supplied,
did not work.
The command above will work without creating a repository. It will scan a
directory for RPMs in it, generate metadata on-fly (during libzypp start).
Post by M9.
I had to add it with Yast2, plain rpm dir must *not* be selected..
After that, sudo zypper lu -r RPM did work,
When: zypper in audiokonverter (you need rootprivileges to install pkgs)
sudo etc, zypper took the newest package from six or eight
audiokonverter-pkgs that were there..so..
Yes, you've created a repository with metadata. My command specifically said
libzypp to avoid autodetection of the repository type and go for plaindir
repo.

Stano
M9.
2007-12-10 12:01:08 UTC
Post by M9.
Hi,
Is there a reason that a /home/dir can not be added to the install
sources? Than there should be a workaround, which is:?
zypper addrepo -t plaindir <dir> <alias>
See 'man zypper'
Stano
OK, that sounds more like it! thnxalot.. (from testalot..;-)
After i had created the repo, adding it with the command you supplied,
did not work.
The command above will work without creating a repository. It will scan a
directory for RPMs in it, generate metadata on-fly (during libzypp start).
What does that mean, that i have to restart lybzypp, before it is
visible as a repo?
Post by M9.
I had to add it with Yast2, plain rpm dir must *not* be selected..
After that, sudo zypper lu -r RPM did work,
When: zypper in audiokonverter (you need rootprivileges to install pkgs)
sudo etc, zypper took the newest package from six or eight
audiokonverter-pkgs that were there..so..
Yes, you've created a repository with metadata. My command specifically said
libzypp to avoid autodetection of the repository type and go for plaindir
repo.
Stano
Ok, i will check that out ;-)

- --

KDE: 3.5.8 "release 21"
Stanislav Visnovsky
2007-12-10 12:04:32 UTC
Post by M9.
Hi,
Is there a reason that a /home/dir can not be added to the install
sources? Than there should be a workaround, which is:?
zypper addrepo -t plaindir <dir> <alias>
See 'man zypper'
Stano
OK, that sounds more like it! thnxalot.. (from testalot..;-)
After i had created the repo, adding it with the command you supplied,
did not work.
The command above will work without creating a repository. It will scan a
directory for RPMs in it, generate metadata on-fly (during libzypp start).
What does that mean, that i have to restart lybzypp, before it is
visible as a repo?
No. It means that if you have a directory containing just RPMs, libzypp needs
to figure out some details during each start by examining those RPMs.

Stano
M9.
2007-12-10 12:17:00 UTC
Post by M9.
Hi,
Is there a reason that a /home/dir can not be added to the install
sources? Than there should be a workaround, which is:?
zypper addrepo -t plaindir <dir> <alias>
See 'man zypper'
Stano
OK, that sounds more like it! thnxalot.. (from testalot..;-)
After i had created the repo, adding it with the command you supplied,
did not work.
The command above will work without creating a repository. It will scan a
directory for RPMs in it, generate metadata on-fly (during libzypp start).
What does that mean, that i have to restart lybzypp, before it is
visible as a repo?
No. It means that if you have a directory containing just RPMs, libzypp needs
to figure out some details during each start by examining those RPMs.
Stano
OK, like i said: (take some food first), than check it. (realy cool
option, if it works ;-)

- --

KDE: 3.5.8 "release 21"
M9.
2007-12-10 13:10:00 UTC
Post by M9.
Post by Stanislav Visnovsky
No. It means that if you have a directory containing just RPMs, libzypp needs
to figure out some details during each start by examining those RPMs.
Stano
OK, like i said: (take some food first), than check it. (realy cool
option, if it works ;-)
Well, it does not work, and if i recall correct, i tried your suggestion
first, and when it did not work, i used create repo, and tried to add it.

Look for yourself:

***@tribal-sfn2:~> sudo zypper addrepo -t plaindir
/home10.2/monkey9/RPM RPM1
***@tribal-sfn2:~> zypper lu
* Cache van bron 'RPM' lezen
* Cache van bron 'openSUSE-FACTORY 11.0' lezen
* Cache van bron 'openSUSE_10.3.KDE4' lezen
* Cache van bron 'openSUSE-extra-FTP 11.0' lezen
* Cache van bron 'mozilla' lezen
* Geïnstalleerde pakketten worden gelezen [100%]

Geen opwaarderingen gevonden.
***@tribal-sfn2:~>

RPM, is the repo added by Yast, RPM1 is the repo i tried to add your way..
it is not in the list.
- --

KDE: 3.5.8 "release 21"
M9.
2007-12-10 13:12:17 UTC
Post by M9.
Post by M9.
[...]
Or should dir and alias be included in: <>?
- --

KDE: 3.5.8 "release 21"
M9.
2007-12-10 13:14:53 UTC
Post by M9.
Or should dir and alias be included in: <>?
No, that does not work either....
- --

KDE: 3.5.8 "release 21"
M9.

KDE: 3.5.8 "release 21"
Jan Kupec
2007-12-10 17:17:23 UTC
Post by M9.
I use version zypper 0.9.3-3
Which means you've hit bug
https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=346797 :O) fixed by now,
i'll submit the new zypper by tommorow or so.
M9.
2007-12-10 17:33:53 UTC
Post by Jan Kupec
Post by M9.
I use version zypper 0.9.3-3
Which means you've hit bug
https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=346797 :O) fixed by now,
i'll submit the new zypper by tommorow or so.
Very nice! thnx ;-)
- --

KDE: 3.5.8 "release 21"
d_garbage
2007-12-10 21:00:28 UTC
Post by M9.
When: zypper in audiokonverter (you need rootprivileges to install pkgs)
sudo etc, zypper took the newest package from six or eight
audiokonverter-pkgs that were there..so..
Well in gui, when in Software management screen, you can click on the
package then select "versions" tab and choose which version you want to
use.

With zypper you can do it too - from man page:

install (in) [options] --capability <capability> ...
Install or update packages or other resolvables.

The resolvables can be selected by their name or by a
capability
they provide.

Capability is: NAME, or "NAME[OP<EDITION>]", where OP is <,
<=,
=, >=, or > and EDITION is VERSION[-RELEASE], for example:
zyp‐
per=0.8.8-2.

The NAME component of a capability is not only a package
name
but any symbol provided by packages: /bin/vi,
libcurl.so.3,
perl(Time::ParseDate). Just remember to quote to protect
the
special characters from the shell, for example:
zypper\>0.8.10
or 'zypper>0.8.10'

If EDITION is not specified, the newest available version
will
be installed. This also means that if the package is
already
installed and newer versions are available, it will get
upgraded
to the newest one.

This is typically obtuse man-page-speak to this simple user (gives me a
headache!) but suggests you can select which version, provided you can
unravel this explanation.

Cheers,
David
Jan Kupec
2007-12-11 10:11:16 UTC
Post by d_garbage
This is typically obtuse man-page-speak to this simple user (gives me a
headache!) but suggests you can select which version, provided you can
unravel this explanation.
Hey, there are examples! :O) Want some more?? There is also a wiki page
http://en.opensuse.org/Zypper/Usage#Installing_Resolvables.

If you feel it is not enough, feel free to suggest something :O0

Cheers,

Jano
d_garbage
2007-12-11 16:27:01 UTC
Post by Jan Kupec
Hey, there are examples! :O) Want some more?? There is also a wiki page
http://en.opensuse.org/Zypper/Usage#Installing_Resolvables.
If you feel it is not enough, feel free to suggest something :O0
Cheers,
Jano
Thanks for the link,
David

M9.
2007-12-11 12:43:01 UTC
Post by d_garbage
Post by M9.
When: zypper in audiokonverter (you need rootprivileges to install pkgs)
sudo etc, zypper took the newest package from six or eight
audiokonverter-pkgs that were there..so..
Well in gui, when in Software management screen, you can click on the
package then select "versions" tab and choose which version you want to
use.
install (in) [options] --capability <capability> ...
Install or update packages or other resolvables.
The resolvables can be selected by their name or by a
capability
they provide.
Capability is: NAME, or "NAME[OP<EDITION>]", where OP is
<, <=,
[...]
Yep, documenting is different from coding..

- --